Here are five reasons why winter is the most chill time to buy a home.
People commonly think spring and summer are the best times to enter the real estate market, but for buyers, winter may be the most opportune time. Here are five reasons why winter is the most “chill” time to buy a home:
1. Less competition. When we get down to our typical 10- to 20-degree winter weather, many buyers opt to stay inside where it’s toasty and wait. So if you’re still looking now, you’ll be less likely to get into a multiple-offer situation.
2. Sellers are more motivated. Buyer traffic decreases in the winter, so a good offer is more likely to be accepted.
3. You can check out the house. The winter season is a bit tougher on houses, so you can easily see whether windows and doors are sealed tightly, how well the heating unit works, etc.
4. It’s easier to find movers. Movers aren’t as busy in the wintertime as they are during seasons with milder weather. Booking a mover now will be easier and quicker.
5. Homes close faster. Lenders are also often not as busy in the winter, so the processing and underwriting move quicker.
These reasons (and many more) are why the winter is a great time to buy a property. If you have any questions about buying or real estate in general, call or email me. I would love to help you.