Here are five home repairs you shouldn’t put off if you want to help maintain the value of your home:
1. Caulking. Look around your windows and other areas in your house where cold air may be seeping in or warm air may be escaping and caulk them.
2. Checking for any plumbing leaks. Specifically, inspect the areas around your furnace, water heater, kitchen, and bathrooms.
3. Changing your furnace filter. Not changing this regularly can increase your utility costs.
4. Sweeping your chimney (if you have one). I recommend doing this at least once a year.
5. Cleaning out your dryer vent. A clogged dryer vent can cause a variety of issues.
If you have any questions about this or any other real estate topic or you’re thinking of buying or selling a home soon, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I’d be happy to help you.